SelectVAC® is the beef industry’s No. 1 branded preconditioning program, combining cattle vaccination and management services to prepare calves for weaning and shipping. Proven on millions of calves, SelectVAC® has delivered healthier cattle for buyers and greater profits for ranchers.
SelectVAC® offers numerous benefits:
- Healthy cattle. SelectVAC® calves are healthy, thanks to trusted Zoetis brands like BOVI-SHIELD GOLD®, BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE-SHOT™, CATTLEMASTER® GOLD, ONE SHOT®, ONE-SHOT® BVD, INFORCE™ 3, and DECTOMAX®.
- Less illness. Calves enrolled in the WeanVAC™ program have been shown to be 4 times less likely to get sick than non-preconditioned cattle.1
- Increased weight gain. WeanVAC™ calves gained 36 more pounds in the first 85 days.1
- Greater profits. SelectVAC® calves earn more per head. WeanVAC™ calves earned up to $72 more per head than similarly preconditioned cattle not enrolled in SelectVAC.2
- Flexible health designations. SelectVAC® offers 4 different vaccination program options to meet the needs of your operation and goals.
SelectVAC® offers the flexibility of 4 health designations to keep your calves healthy. SelectVAC® programs include PreVAC™, PreVAC+™, WeanVAC™, and StockerVAC™.
SelectVAC® offers advantages over other health programs. For starters, SelectVAC® has a solid record of performance since 1995, with millions of calves enrolled. In addition, every SelectVAC® enrollment is validated by a third party prior to approval, so buyers are confident that they’re getting the quality livestock for which they paid.
SelectVAC® calves earn more per head. In fact, when adjusted for days on feed, WeanVAC™ calves earned up to $33.71 more net profit/head vs calves of unknown history and $22.35 more net profit/head vs other health program calves.1
Registering in SelectVAC® is the first step to enrolling your cattle and enjoying the benefits that SelectVAC® certification has to offer. To register for SelectVAC® now, click here
In order to enroll your cattle in SelectVAC®, you will be asked to provide information about:
1) the Ranch/Program;
• Ranch/Program: Includes the name and contact information associated with the ranch and the cattle health advisor/veterinarian.
• Cattle: Includes SelectVAC® health designation, size of herd, weaning date, sale date, and sale location.
• Treatment: Features SelectVAC® products administered and the dates of administration. Management practice information is also captured here.
Yes. You can choose to print out an enrollment form, complete it, and return it by mail. Click here to download & print a cattle enrollment form.
Yes. When you visit your Dashboard page, you will see a listing of the cattle you have enrolled along with their enrollment status.
Your SelectVAC® account includes the many details associated with your herd, including enrollment status and SelectVAC® products administered. You can also view, print, or download Barn Cards directly from your account page.
Yes. To edit information about your herd, simply visit your Dashboard page and click on the View/Edit enrollment in the Action column on the far right side of the relevant cattle listing. You will then be directed to the enrollment page where you can edit/update details associated with your cattle.
You can enroll additional cattle in SelectVAC® at any time. Simply click on the Create Enrollment button located at the top of your account screen.
You can view and print Barn Cards by downloading a digital copy from your Dashboard. Simply log in to your Dashboard and click on the Verified tab to locate the completed enrollment. From there, click on the Download Barn Card icon which can be found in the Action column on the far right side of the page. Your Barn Card will open in a new window for viewing, saving and/or printing.
You can share Barn Cards by downloading a digital copy from your Dashboard. Simply log in and click on the Verified tab to locate the completed enrollment. From there, click the Download Barn Card icon which can be found in the Action column on the far right side of the page. You can then attach the barn card to an email addressed to the person with whom you want to share the Barn Card.
To find SelectVAC® cattle for sale in your area, click here to search by geographic region.