The SelectVAC® Difference
SelectVAC combines cattle vaccination and management services and is the largest and longest-standing branded preconditioning program of its kind.
What is SelectVAC®?
SelectVAC® is the beef industry’s No. 1 branded preconditioning program, combining cattle vaccination and management services to prepare calves for weaning and shipping. SelectVAC® helps deliver healthier cattle for buyers and greater profits for ranchers. Here’s what you can expect from SelectVAC®:
- Healthy cattle. SelectVAC® calves are healthy, thanks to trusted Zoetis brands like BOVI-SHIELD GOLD®, BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE-SHOT®, CATTLEMASTER® GOLD, ONE SHOT®, ONE-SHOT® BVD, INFORCE™ 3, and DECTOMAX®.
- Less illness. Calves enrolled in the WeanVAC™ program have been shown to be 4 times less likely to get sick than non-preconditioned cattle.1
- Increased weight gain. WeanVAC™ calves gained 36 more pounds in the first 85 days.1
- Greater profits. SelectVAC® calves earn more per head.
- WeanVAC™-like calves earned an average of $35/head in auctions between 1995-20122
- WeanVAC™ calves earned up to $72/head in auctions between 2014-20153
- Flexible health designations. SelectVAC® offers 4 different vaccination program options to meet the needs of your operation and goals.
- Advantages over other health programs. SelectVAC® has a solid record of performance since 1995, with millions of calves enrolled. Every SelectVAC® enrollment is validated by a third party prior to approval, so buyers are confident that they’re getting the quality livestock for which they paid.
Buyers see the value of SelectVAC®…and are willing to pay for it
What is the value of preconditioned calves to buyers?
PRICE DIFFERENTIAL BETWEEN SELECTVAC® CALVES VS. CALVES PRECONDITIONED BUT NOT ENROLLED IN SELECTVAC® 1
Choose a SelectVAC® program to learn more
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for DECTOMAX®: DECTOMAX Injectable has a 35-day pre-slaughter withdrawal period. DECTOMAX Pour-On has a 45-day pre-slaughter withdrawal period. Do not use in dairy cows 20 months of age or older. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. DECTOMAX has been developed specifically for cattle and swine. Use in dogs may result in fatalities.
*Based on a 566-pound. average weight, according to 2011 data.
1Seeger JT, Grotelueschen DM, Stokka GL, Sides GE. Comparison of the feedlot health, nutritional performance, carcass characteristics and economic value of unweaned beef calves with an unknown health history, and weaned beef calves receiving various herd-of-origin health protocols. Bov Pract. 2008;42(1):1-13.
2Data on file, King ME. Effect of certified health programs on the sale price of beef calves marketed through a livestock videotape auction service from 1995 through 2012. Final Reports, Zoetis Inc. 1995-2012.
3Data on file, The effects of special management programs and preconditioning programs on the sale price of beef calves marketed through Western Video Market January 2014-December 2015. Final Report, Zoetis.
“When you compare SelectVAC® calves with those that are not vaccinated, there’s a mile of difference in actual dollars. With WeanVAC™, they’re getting $20, $50, maybe $60 per head returns. With PreVAC™, where calves are coming off the cow, those cattle bring $20 more per head, easily.”Scott Ruzicka Herbert
Feed & Grain, Verdigre, NE